What is Duloxetine used for?

I’m not diabetic but I’ve got some serious pain from cervical spondylosis. My doctor wants me to try Duloxetine (Cymbalta), which I’ve heard is mainly for depression but also helps with pain. Has anyone with diabetes tried it for pain relief?
I’m nervous about the side effects and the struggle to quit, especially since I’m already on morphine. My pain’s not getting better, and I don’t want to keep upping the morphine. Any experiences or advice on whether Duloxetine works for pain? Appreciate any help!

Considering Duloxetine (Cymbalta) for cervical spondylosis pain, despite not having diabetes, can feel daunting. Understandably, you’re nervous about potential side effects, especially since you’re already on morphine.

While Duloxetine is mainly for depression, it’s used for chronic pain too. Gathering insights from others who’ve tried it and discussing concerns openly with your doctor can help make an informed decision. Wishing you relief and a smoother pain management journey ahead!

Duloxetine can indeed help with pain management beyond its primary use for depression. Some people with diabetes have found relief with it. However, since you’re on morphine and concerned about side effects and withdrawal, it’s crucial to discuss these concerns thoroughly with your doctor.