Things to avoid while taking Prednisolone

Hello to all who are on morning steroids! Quick question: What’s your go-to pre-steroid breakfast, and why do we need to eat before taking them? I usually take mine, currently 6mg, between 8 am and 9:30 am, but I’m thinking of shifting it to around 4 am when I usually wake up. I tried it last night with a few crackers and managed to snooze till 7:45. Feeling less tired today, but still achy – not sure if it’s PMR-related. Any advice on timing or what to eat beforehand?

I recommend reaching out to a doctor or pharmacist for personalized guidance on steroid timing and food intake. They have the expertise to consider your specific situation, including the type and dosage of steroid you’re taking, any other medications you’re on, and your individual health conditions. This personalized approach can help you manage any potential side effects of steroids and ensure you’re getting the most out of your treatment.

For a smoother experience with morning steroids, try a balanced breakfast before taking them. Consult your healthcare provider for personalized guidance.