Nevro charger problems

I recently had a Nevro HF10 stimulator implanted and I’m surprised by the lack of tech support available. There’s a lot of sales information but not much in terms of FAQs. Is anyone else in the same situation as I am? I have some newbie questions:

1. If I forget to charge the stimulator for a few days and feel worse, does one blinking bar on the remote mean it’s dead or just low?
  2. Does the effectiveness of the stimulator decrease when the battery is low?
  3. I’ve noticed some heat from the implant when the battery was low. Is that normal? Any tips would be appreciated!

If you see one blinking bar on your Nevro HF10 stimulator remote, it means low battery. Charge it promptly for consistent pain relief. Keep the stimulator charged regularly to maintain its effectiveness. Feeling some heat from the implant when the battery is low can be normal due to increased electrical activity, but if it’s excessive, consult your healthcare provider.

1. Battery Status: One blinking bar on the remote typically indicates a low battery, not a dead one. Charging it promptly should restore functionality.
  2. Effectiveness and Low Battery: Yes, the effectiveness of the stimulator can decrease when the battery is low. It’s crucial to maintain optimal charge for consistent pain management.
  3. Heat from Implant: Some warmth from the implant when the battery is low can be normal, but excessive heat could indicate an issue. If you’re concerned, consult your healthcare provider for advice.

I’ve had my Nevro HF10 for a bit and ran into similar issues. The blinking bar does mean low battery—charging it regularly has helped me a lot. The effectiveness definitely drops when the battery is low, so keeping it topped up is crucial. As for the heat, I’ve noticed it too when the battery is low. It seems normal, but if it gets too warm, it’s probably best to check with your doctor.

Does anyone have a good strategy for remembering to charge it regularly? I tend to forget and then pay the price with the pain.

Hi @ADHDLever Thanks for sharing your experience with the Nevro HF10. It’s helpful to know that keeping the device charged is key to maintaining its effectiveness and preventing discomfort from the heat. As for remembering to charge it regularly, setting a recurring reminder on your phone or incorporating it into your daily routine, like charging it overnight, could be helpful strategies. Some people also find success with using wearable devices or apps that send reminders for tasks like charging medical devices.