Foot pain, need advice

The other morning, I woke up with foot pain but brushed it off and carried on with my day. By nightfall, the pain had become unbearable, and I couldn’t walk. I ended up going to the ER, where I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. The doctor only gave me a note for one day off work, despite my inability to walk. The next morning, I scheduled an appointment with a podiatrist who prescribed me steroids and recommended three weeks off work. I’m finding it incredibly challenging as I’ve never experienced anything like this before. I’m essentially immobile, either hopping around on one foot or crawling like a baby to move around the house. I’m desperately hoping someone can reassure me that this will improve because right now, it’s absolutely awful.

Oh man, that sounds brutal! Really sorry you’re going through this. Plantar fasciitis is no joke, but hang in there, it does get better.

First off, it’s good you saw a podiatrist and got a proper diagnosis and treatment plan. Steroids can help reduce the inflammation, and the rest is crucial. Three weeks might seem like an eternity now, but it’s important to give your foot the time it needs to heal properly.

In the meantime, have you looked into getting a foot brace or orthotic inserts? They can really help support your arch and reduce stress on the plantar fascia. Ice packs were my go-to for reducing swelling and pain during my bout with plantar fasciitis. Just wrap it in a cloth and apply it to the affected area for about 15 minutes a few times a day.

Also, gentle stretching exercises can make a big difference once you’re able to bear a little weight on it. Look up stretches for plantar fasciitis online; there are some good ones that don’t require standing.

It’s tough now, but with rest, treatment, and maybe some adjustments at home to make getting around easier, you’ll start to see improvements.

I’m truly sorry to hear about your struggle with plantar fasciitis. It sounds incredibly painful and frustrating to suddenly find yourself immobile. While it’s disheartening that the initial medical attention didn’t provide much relief, it’s good that you’ve now received a comprehensive treatment plan from a podiatrist. Remember, with proper care and rest, many people do recover from this condition. Take things one step at a time, prioritize your health, and lean on your support system. If you ever need someone to talk to or need encouragement, I’m here for you. Wishing you a speedy recovery and the strength to get through this tough time.