Feeling normal again after getting off beta blockers

Hey there, I’ve been on beta blockers for a good while because of some heart issues. Recently, they switched me to this new one called Dronaderone because they thought it might be better for me.

But let me tell you, since they took me off the beta blocker, I’ve been feeling like crap. Like seriously, I’m more out of breath than ever, even when I’m just chilling. And if I try to move around even a little, my heart rate shoots up like crazy.

I know there’s supposed to be some withdrawal stuff happening, but it’s been a week now and I’m feeling worse instead of better. Has anyone else gone through this after stopping beta blockers? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Hey there, sounds rough! Beta blocker withdrawal can cause shortness of breath and rapid heart rate, especially after a while.

You should call your doctor ASAP. And don’t panic as it usually takes time to settle.

Feel better soon!

Sigh, switching off beta blockers is no joke. Sounds like your body’s throwing a bit of a tantrum without them. It’s kinda expected to feel more out of breath and have your heart racing more at slightest movement.

You might need to tweak things with your new med, Dronaderone, or figure out a smoother transition…best of luck