Blood in urine.. (Kindly help)

A few years back, I was treated for what I thought was a urinary tract infection. Despite finding blood and leukocytes in my urine samples, bacteria were never detected. After months of this, the only relief came from nitrofurantoin, but I had to stop due to a strange reaction.

Following an ultrasound that showed nothing abnormal, my symptoms persisted until my doctor suggested cutting out tea and citrus fruits, which surprisingly helped. However, reintroducing these foods six months ago brought back my symptoms. Despite no bacteria in my urine, there was blood, leading my doctor to refer me for a cystoscopy, which has left me anxious about bladder cancer.

I have health anxiety, worsened by childhood anesthesia trauma, and I’m worried about further medical procedures. Now, experiencing additional pains near my navel and private part, I fear the worst. Seeking advice and support from those who can relate.

Despite prior blood in your urine, the lack of bacteria is a good sign. Consider seeing a Urologist specializing in interstitial cystitis (IC) which can cause similar issues. Explore management options like pelvic floor therapy or diet changes with your doctor. Don’t forget to address your health anxiety - therapy can be a big help. Early diagnosis is key, so seek professional help for both your physical and mental well-being.

it’s completely understandable to feel anxious, especially given your past experiences. Here are a few pieces of advice that might help:

1. Stay Connected with Support
  2. Communicate with Your Healthcare Provider
  3. Be Mindful and Try Relaxation Techniques
  4. Focus on What You Can Control
  5. Seek Professional Support