App fails to respond after last update?

Currently, when I open the app, I receive the pop-up asking whether I’d like to rate the app. Whether I answer yes or no, the pop-up disappears (I don’t get the opportunity to rate with either answer) and then I can do nothing further in the app. It just seems unresponsive to any taps.

It defaults to the reminders screen, on which I have one saved reminder. None of the buttons work so I can’t change screen or open a diary check-in etc. The only tap that changes anything on the screen is a hold on my one reminder and drag down, which pulls that one daily symptom check down momentarily and then it bounces back up when I let go.

I’ve tried multiple restarts of the app and a couple of phone restarts with no effect. I am on iPhone 7, iOS 14.4

I believe it was working fine earlier this week, perhaps there is something in the latest update that threw things off?

Hello @barnadette, that is odd, can you try deleting the app itself and reinstall it and letting us know if it works fine for you or not?

I’d be happy to try that. Can you clarify first, will I lose my data?

You will not, it is backed up on the server.

Thank you for the answer! I did not end up deleting the app — I did nothing — and it’s working again today. It did ask me if I minded reviewing the app but this time clicking “No” worked (it pulled up the survey).

I don’t see any app updates last night in App Store so I have no explanation of the fix, do you? In any case you can close this out and thank you. Next time if something happens I’ll delete and reinstall.