Oil of oregano for bv

I have been to this website several times to find a cure for BV and I want to share how I finally fixed mine. I had been suffering from Bacterial Vaginosis or BV for almost last three years. Obviously, the first thing I did was seek medical advice. I was prescribed oral antibiotics, antibiotic suppositories and boric acid suppositories multiple times. Every time the BV came back within days of stopping the treatment.

After that I tried every home remedy I read about including, hydrogen peroxide douches, tea tree oil suppositories, oral and vaginal probiotics, garlic suppositories, yogurt, etc. Nothing worked and BV always came back within a day or two of stopping the treatment. I finally read about oil of oregano a month ago and gave it a try. I ordered the best one by “Zane Hellas” from Amazon and started using it. That’s what I did. I took a teaspoon of olive oil in a medicine dosage cup and mixed 4 drops of oil of oregano in it and drank it every day for two weeks. I also took half a teaspoon of olive oil in a small syringe, no needle attached, and mixed 4 drops of oil of oregano and put it inside my vagina at night and tried to keep it in there for as long as I could. It burned a lot on the first day for almost 5 to 10 minutes but then it wasn’t that bad from the second day. I used it for 6 days in a row and used some yogurt on the 7th day at the bedtime. I slept with a thin pad on so the oil wouldn’t go to other areas and burn me there. I repeated the same on the second week. At the beginning of the third week I got my periods. I didn’t drink or put the oil inside me during my periods. Also, this time I used pads instead of tampons. It’s been 3 days since my periods ended and I didn’t see any BV symptoms, otherwise I used to start smelling the fishy odor towards the 4th or the 5th day of my periods.

Another thing I did is I completely abstained from having sex during the treatment. Yesterday I had sex with my hubby the first time in over three weeks and I still feel okay. I think his semen is way too alkaline to mess up my pH level. I think I will go back to drinking the oil but not put anything inside me anymore unless I see the symptoms again. Please feel free to ask any questions you have. I understand what a nuisance this disease is and how it affects us physically and emotionally. Good luck!